Monday, January 14, 2013

And The Winner Is…

Not me.  Clarice Feldman, who judged the 2012 PUK Awards contest, had a difficult task before her.

There were 28 nominated graphics that had to be pared down to 14 finalists.  iOwnTheWorld held cage matches to determine which entries would make the final cut.

I am genuinely sad that two of my friends, Diogenes’ Middle Finger and the prolific The Looking Spoon were not part of the finals.  The ultimate winner was my friend, Will Profitt of Capitalist Preservation.

The competition was tough from beginning to end.  I want to thank everyone who cast a vote for my work.  I want Ms. Feldman to know how honored I am that she chose my work to be among the Top Ten.

I am giddy with joy because when you do things from your heart you feel a river moving in you.

“To get the full value of joy you must have someone to divide it with.” ― Mark Twain

I am dividing my joy with the other nine Ms. Feldman selected.  

4 comments:

  1. Kudos to you for making the big cut, and a big congratulations to Will!

    I told you not to underestimate your work, and your image deserved to be Top 10, no doubt!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @DS,

    I'm so excited for Will. That was some tough competition. I really appreciate your kind words and your expression of confidence in my work.

    Hope your New Year has been good so far. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Curmudgeon, on being a finalist against some very tough competition!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Stogie,

    I appreciate that so much.

    ReplyDelete

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.