Wednesday, December 17, 2014

The Corrosive Idiocy Of MSNBC’s Ed Schultz

I don’t watch any of the drivel on MSNBC simply because I don’t want my world darkened by liberal hacks with Permanent Anger Syndrome.

The network has a tiny audience, but MSNBC’s The Ed Show has the lowest ratings demo with a negligible 53,000 viewers. So why am I using my bandwidth to write about this schlub who reminds you of every angry drunk you’ve ever known?

Schultz, like the network that employs him, engages in deceptive editing.  Examples can be seen here, here, here and here.  I’m sure there are scads of other examples, but you get the idea.

While perusing the Intertoobs yesterday, I came across a story that mildly amused me only because I watched the game between the Dallas Cowboys and the Philadelphia Eagles along with 21.8 million others on Sunday. During the game, NBC’s cameras panned over to the luxury corporate box where NJ Governor Chris Christie could be seen high-fiving Cowboys’ owner Jerry Jones.

Christie has come under fire for being a long-time fan of the Cowboys much to the chagrin of New Jersey residents who feel he should be rooting for the Eagles, Giants or Jets.

Mediaite noticed that Schultz used a photo from one year ago that depicted the RNC Chairman with Christie and Jones in Dallas not Philadelphia.  Schultz, trying to be clever, said that his show’s researchers “noticed what looks like RNC Chair Reince Priebus sitting behind Christie and Jones.  We reached out to the RNC and they told us they thought he was at a dinner in Washington, DC on Sunday night.”

So complete was their effort to deceive that they added a “bug” on the screen that read SUNDAY NIGHT PHILADELPHIA and then, for his mind-numbed viewers, circled Priebus’ face.

When the trickery of MSNBC and the host of The Ed Show was noticed by Sean Spicer, Communications Director for the Republican National Committee, he tweeted this:

That message was promptly retweeted by Priebus, but so far, the official Ed Show Twitter account has remained silent on the matter.

It’s only a matter of time before General Motors is forced to recall Schultz as a faulty airbag. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please scribble on my walls otherwise how will I know what you think, but please don’t try spamming me or you’ll earn a quick trip to the spam filter where you will remain—cold, frightened and all alone.